The April edition of Sailing Today magazine provides a welcome window on the upcoming season…
Given that the Mediterranean sailing season starts a good deal earlier than our own, it’s only natural that we head to its sunny shores in search of sailing nirvana. But if it’s local sailing you’re after, fear not, as we share in depth guides to a selection of Poole Harbour secret spots from our man in Dorset. On top of that, we have our usual excellent selection of boat tests and gear reviews plus much more…
INSIDE THE ISSUE
- Thinking of heading to the Med? Why not undertake a grand tour? Our lucky contributor recounts a trip from Malta to Albania by way of Sicily and the Ionian.
- Rod Heikell casts his expert eye over Mediterranean weather patterns and ponders whether climate change is affecting the way we cruise in the Med.
- Tom Cunliffe swings obliquely to the far north with an intriguing tale of Whisky galore, Russian princesses and a broken toilet door on a trip around Scotland.
- Planning on cruising home waters this summer? How about a trip to Poole harbour (above), or more specifically the pleasures of the Purbeck side of the harbour. Our contributor reveals its innumerable secret spots…
- Heading westward from Poole we plot a course to Salcombe and explore its Deovonshore delights with our harbour guide.
- Richard Matthews of Oyster Yachts fame explains why he had to go back to his first love
- The experts at the Royal Cruising Club Pilotage Foundation also provide their tips on cruising to the Baltic.
- We also have two fascinating boat tests; first up is the new Hallberg Rassy 44 (above), any blue water sailors dream. We also test the award winning new Beneteau Oceanis 30.1 (below); a small boat with a lot of very clever touches.
- Plus Duncan Wells takes the stress out of navigation with his excellent new guide
The post Get ready for the Med with our April issue – on sale now! appeared first on Sailing Today.