Man and Dog Escape Injury in Sailboat Explosion

We all hope “it” will never happen, but occasionally it does — in this case “it” was an explosion aboard a sailboat. The explosion occurred at San Diego’s Safe Harbor Marina last week.

Did the person who stepped off this boat buy a lottery ticket afterwards?

© 2022 John Miller

San Diego’s Harbor Police Department representative, Corporal Spearel, told us the explosion may have been caused by a propane buildup inside the boat’s cabin. The owner, who does not live on the boat, had come aboard with his dog and lit the stove. Miraculously, both the owner and the dog were only singed — neither was hospitalized. Corp. Spearel said the hull appeared to be intact and the boat was towed to a yard later on the same day…

Read more on Latitude 38

Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.